Friday, February 10, 2012

In Honor of the 14th


1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
Brian and I met the Saturday after the 4th of July 2005. 

oh college apartment... 

favorite college bar.... these were the days


 
2. How did you meet? {What’s your “love” story?}
We had a mutual friend Jeff who was GIRL CRAZY (and exactly like Ty Pennington from Extreme Home Makeover) who would always ask me where my girlfriends were.   I always responded with "Where are your tall boy friends?" and he always responded with "I have the perfect guy for you!"  Jeff tried to get us together a few times earlier that summer at different parties and such but it never worked out that we both went. Finally one random day just the two of them were hanging out and he called to ask what I was doing that night. I happened to have had 3 invites that night, a party with highschool friends, a party with a college roommate, or meeting this mystery boy.  I decided I really wanted to meet this mystery guy that Jeff thought was perfect for me. My friend Kate was nice enough to come along.  As soon as I saw Brian my first thought was "oh he's cute! He's kind of perfect looking actually." Then 5 minutes later I was already thinking about how the following summer I wouldnt be able to stay down at school in my apartment like I had hoped because I would be wanting to come back to hang out with this guy. Seriously, I was already planning my life a year from then over a guy I just met. I just knew... and we have been together ever since. 

Oh Niagra Falls.... This picture will always crack me up!


 
3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}
We were married June 21st 2008, almost 3 years after meeting. 


 
4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?  If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?
We were married in the same church that Brian's parents, aunt and uncle, cousin, and sister were married in.  The overall wedding was on the bigger side with the reception at a hotel. Brian's one request for the wedding was that the reception was at a hotel.  It was the most fun night ever. Even though it cost my parents probably more than they wanted, they loved every minute as well and admit they would pay for it all again in a heart beat.... BUT that was the only wedding for me!   Im sure my sister someday will have an awesome wedding! 

 
5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
I most call him Brian, husband, Mister, hubby bubby... and Brian calls me Kim, Kimmy, Rimmie, and a wide range of other random names.  The one thing I learned about Brian after we got married and lived together full time was that he talks/sings randomly and constantly.   Its kind of like terrets.  Its so random the things he comes up with.  I really wonder what is going on in his head sometimes. 
 


6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
I love that he takes such good care of me and our family. I truely believe that supporting us is his goal in life.   I love that when I drop something or do anything that makes a loud noise he immediately yells to make sure I am ok when I am in the other room.  It really is the little things with Brian that make me know how much he cares.  And most of all I just love the way we are together.  All of it.. I feel like we just mesh so well. We are the perfect partners to take on this life together. 



 
7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
We were headed to a sunset dinner at a local winery for our 2 year anniversary. I had been expecting him to propose soon since we had been ring shopping and talked about getting married the following summer.  Dinner was great, we had someone take our picture who then asked how long we were married, but the proposal never came.  After he got me drunk he told me "I am not proposing here. You should know I would not do it in public.  But I promise to do it sometime in the next 6 weeks."  I at some point had promised him that when he proposed I would buy him an x-box bc he always complained that he wanted one but had to save his money for a ring... so in my drunkeness he got me to say Ok to stopping by Game Stop on the way home to buy him his xbox since he promised to propose soon.  So we did.... and when we got back to his house I walked into the house to find flowers, champaign, and the ring.  Drunk me just kept saying "Where did this come from!? Its magic!" He actually had a good friend come over while we were gone and set it up... It was pretty perfect. 
See! Drunk!



me proposing to Brian.

 
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
He used to be a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy.... but of course since we are out of the honeymoon stage now its a "We will go to dinner."  Its find by me. 
 
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
If we had the opportunity for a sunset dinner on the beach, then yes! We would both like that every now and then. (Remember our anniversary/proposal was a sunset dinner at a winery)  But usually we are 100% happy with a movie at home.  Sadly we have had gift cards to the movie theatre for over a year because we prefer to just hang out at home. 
 
10. Tell us one thing you’d like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
For our 5 year wedding anniversary we definitately want to try to go on a second honeymoon. I am thinking mexico or domican republic! I CANNOT WAIT! 
 
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine’s Day.
According to Brian... "just dinner" but I have no idea when we will actually go. 
 
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine’s day?
No... we have a few big purchases coming up so money will be saved for those... 
 
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Having respect for eachother and our relationship. 
 
14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.


Our kids are the greatest representation of our love

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love the proposal story! I read it to my husband and we both chuckled at the... it's magic! part :-)
    I love the photos & totally agree with you about the big plans for a 5 year anniversary trip--ours is the same year!
    My post like this is scheduled for the morning, I hope you'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...