Monday, January 30, 2012
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Leah decides she no longer wants to sit on the toilet. She lifts the seat, and stands in front of it.
Leah: I do it like this.
Me: No!! That is how boys do it! You are a girl! We sit!
Leah: No. I do it like this.
Me to Brian: Uhhhh I think Leah might be watching the boys at school a little too much!
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
But at night is when we are home.... when the 2 year old tornado, who can destroy a room in record time is home.
So let's be real... the house is never clean at night.
Ok, Ok... the house is pretty much never perfect.
I am a working mom who also studies 10+ hrs a week on a low side.
I am not a perfectionist.
I do not have OCD.
We live in this house.
And this is how the upstairs looks...
Very lived in.
I have big plans for this place in my head.... but again that takes lots of Moolah. I would love to paint one of the walls in chalk board paint, get a fun rug, colorful wall decor, more storage... someday.
Monday, January 23, 2012
Here is the rest of the downstairs...
Of course the kitty is sleeping on the clean clothes on the bed....
I love our bathroom, but my one complaint is that its so big, it never gets hot and steamy during a shower so its freezing when you get out! I miss having a nice warm bathroom to keep me warm in the mornings.
- I want to do some tiling around the bathtub. Remember I love tile, and when Leah takes a bath in there (its like a swimming pool for her) she gets water all over the wall!
In General.... our house needs some major C-O-L-O-R!! We will get there.... stuff is expensive!! I am anxious to see what the house looks like a year from now...
Sunday, January 22, 2012
From the time we started building this house I knew I wanted a big sunburst silver mirror in the entryway, across from the office. I looked forever for the perfect one but they were always too small, too crazy, or over a hundred dollars, something I was not willing to spend.
On MLK Day, while I was enjoying some shopping, I found the PERFECT mirror at Garden Ridge.... but it was Black.... but only 59.99!
I guess I was feeling courageous because I actually had the thought "I can buy it and spray paint it silver!" For some reason I never had the fear of "What if I waste 60 dollars!?"
So bought it I did... and some spray paint... and home I went to get to work!
It took Brian 6 days to finally put it up for me... but I couldn't be more in love... with Brian or the Mirror.
Lets be honest... Everytime I get the chance to drink now, I become terrified of the possible hangover the next morning.
Taking care of a crazy, energetic child while hungover is NEVER fun.
Drinking just is not worth it anymore...
I did not think I had been out of the drinking scene too long...
I graduated from college 5 years ago this May.
I am still in my twenties....
But I guess motherhood has removed me from the drinking world more than I thought.
There is a whole new world of flavored Vodka's out there!!!
In my early years I was a big fan of Vanilla Vodka and root beer (Root beer float)... or Vanilla Vodka and orange soda (Orange-sicle).
But oh the fun that could be had with these....
Friday, January 20, 2012
Today was the day for our anatomy scan ultra sound.
I thought there was no chance that we would have problems finding out with our second pregnancy.
But I guess baby 2 is more like their sister than we think....
Baby's legs were stretched out and glued together.
The ultrasound tech tried a few little pokes and pushes to get the baby to move.
Move the baby did...
It crossed its legs.
It was like the baby was saying "Yep, not doing it!"
Luckily the tech was unable to get any pictures of the baby's feet so we get to have another ultrasound and another chance to find out if we will be welcoming a baby boy or a baby girl.
I originally thought I did not want to know.
But now that I feel the baby, I need to give it a name.
And I need to know for preparation reasons!
If I know its a girl, I can search thru the buckets and containers of baby clothes we have to see if anything will work for a baby girl in June.
If its a boy I need to get shopping.
I know I can always buy neutral... but where is the fun in that!?
And for a little stats... because you know me...
Baby is weighting in at 13 oz. (70th percentile) Heart rate of 167.
Leah, at the 20 week ultrasound came in at 15 oz (90th percentile)
This time around I have only gained 10 lbs (WHOOOHOOO!!!) while last pregnancy I was over 15 lbs at this time. It looks like carrying a 35 lb 2 year old around, up and down steps, can help keep the weight off!
Until March 1st....
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
You know the first time you blow up a balloon, it goes a little slow and is hard to stretch.... but each time afterwards its super easy.... I read that pregnancy is that way. The first time takes a while to show, but afterwards you can quickly stretch and grow out there. I feel like I can proof this point.
Anywho... its been a while ...
I started on my FAP modules rather than my next exam. This way I have my job for the next 18 months for sure, and no fear of losing it if I do horribly on my next exam! Im having a little bit of a problem since its not the same sort of studying... its alot of reading. Its nice that its different but I actually miss exam studying! I am also having a hard time making myself do it since I know I have so long to get it done... but my goal is to get thru the first 5 before the baby arrives.... I need to stay on track!
Leah.... her imagination is out of control lately! She LOVES to dress up in her princess dresses and then slow dance with me. I think its all because of Beauty and the Beast. She loves when Belle finally puts on her princess dress and dances with the beast.
She loves to change her babies diapers. The things she says to them cracks me up! "You're icky, I change you." She has a little changing table set up on top of her box of diapers too. Its adorable.
I have also caught her having a dinner party with her dolls at her little table. She even put a blanket down as a table cloth, cooks up a meal in her kitchen, and tells her dolls "eat, eat".
I wish I had pictures of her adorable-ness, but everytime I take the camera out she yells at me and comes running at me. Hopefully this phase passes soon! I miss the "Cheese!", big goofy smile phase!
Her memory has been amazing me too lately. We usually get home about an hr and a half before Brian in the evenings. Leah usually asks to go ride her bike in the basement and I usually respond "When daddy gets home he will take you downstairs to ride your bike." This gives me time to finish up dinner. As soon as Brian walks in the door she asks him to go ride her bike. Then this weekend Leah woke up at 615 in the morning and wanted to take the recycling out to the garage. Of course its FREEZING out and I say "when daddy gets up." At 8 am when Brian came out of the bedroom Leah freaked out, ran to the recycle stuff, and yelled at Brian to help her.
Then last night when I brought her home from daycare she picked up the book "Green Eggs and Ham." Its a book that usually hangs out in the car and we have not read together very much. She opens it up, without me even saying anything about the name of the book, and just starts "reading" and saying "Ham ham, me no like-y ham". She seriously amazes me!
We are working a little more on potty training. She has gone a few more times at daycare, and her sheet usually says "PA" (potty attempt). At home she loves to sit on the toilet and use up all of the toilet paper. I have stopped putting her in jeans so that she can freely take her pants on and off herself for when she does want to try and go.... But I feel like we are at a stand still. I dont think she is fully ready yet, but definitely getting closer! Anytime I ask her "Will you use the potty today?!" she always responds "No diapers!" The past few nights though she has woken up a few times a night. As soon as she gets up she tells me she went to the bathroom and needs a new diaper. I am curious is she knows she went and wakes up, or if she wakes up bc she needs to go and then goes once she gets up and out of bed. .... We will get there.
Sunday, January 8, 2012
At 8 am Saturday morning (Brian got up with Leah at 6:30 while I slept in. It was AMAZING!)
Leah: 2 cookies?
Me: No, not now.
Leah: 10 minutes?
Sunday morning while still in our PJs....
Leah: We go shopping.
Leah a few minutes later: We go to Target.
Leah a few more minutes later: We have a party.... for me.... with cake!
Me: Oh really?
Sunday afternoon, Leah fell asleep in the car (after refusing to take a nap all day) on our way to Kirklands. I had just parked the car and was opening up her door to pull her out.
Me: Ok Leah, time to get up! Lets go shopping
Leah half asleep: No shopping. Drive around more mommy.
And a conversation with my sister because sometimes she says the funniest things and what are big sisters supposed to do!?
Background: We were at lunch and she was telling me about the new boy in her life..... oh the life of a 20 year old....
Me: So what is he going to school for?
Me: [blank stare].... Uhhhhh you mean Radiology?
Jessica: No. RADIO- OLOGY
Me: No, I think its RADIOLOGY! Like x-rays and ultrasounds and stuff?
Jessica: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no wonder he laughed at me when I said it.
Thursday, January 5, 2012
· Leah used the potty yesterday at daycare!! This morning I told her that if she used it again that maybe we could go get a treat after school. Her response “No potty! Diapers!” … 1 step forward, 2 steps back.
· Last night I dreamt that we had our ultrasound. The baby was a girl with LOTS of hair… so much hair that the baby already had pigtails. … maybe this is the result of me actually considering getting Leah’s hair cut for the first time…
· I mentioned wanting to get Leah into some sort of activity. I looked into swim lessons and am rethinking it. Reason 1: Brian is about to start tax season so that means I would be the one taking her… I am not really looking forward to getting into a swimsuit right about now. Reason 2: They are EXPENSIVE! Like 12.75 per ½ hr class! (sidenote: Brian thought this was very reasonable. I was shocked!) Reason 3: I talked to a friend who I knew had taken her little girl to the class (little as in less than a year) and she said it’s mostly to get them introduced to the water and they sing a lot of songs. Singing songs, yes Leah would like. But introduction to water? My child already loves it. Put some floaties on her arms and she is trying to jump in the deep in all by herself. She has no fear of the water. I think I decided that Leah just needs to be taken to the indoor pool to enjoy playing thru-out the winter. For the same price of a ½ hr class we can go for a few hrs and just let her play. I might even consider pulling out my maternity swimsuit and take her in the evenings after work while we wait for Brian to come home…
· I find out about my exam TOMORROW and I am so anxious! Honestly I am anxious to start studying again…. Yes. I know. I am crazy. I just kind of hate the free time at work and would much rather be sitting and studying!
· Leah can officially ride her tricycle by herself! The other night she did 3 full laps around the basement with very minimal crashing into things. She understands needing to steer but sometimes it’s a little too late. Brian and I were so freaking proud of her! We just kept cheering her on and telling her how proud we were and how she was such a big girl. It’s awesome watching her accomplish something new!
· Im starting to feel baby movement. It makes me happy and so much more excited to find out the gender. I feel the need to name this baby and give them more of an identity. Feeling them makes it seem so much more real. 2 more weeks…
· I have a cold and it stinks…. No meds when pregnant…. Uggg. Some Nyquil would be awesome!
Monday, January 2, 2012
But I have been having a hard time thinking of some good goals this year.
Maybe its a good thing...
I feel settled and happy in life... not wanting/needing more?
Im just not really sure...
I will just go with some of the obvious...
- Welcome a happy and healthy baby into your family and live to learn as a family of four.
- Pass atleast 1 more exam...
- Become more settled in the house.... whether its finishing the basement, new projects, more decorating, or even finishing the baby's room! (That is kind of a must).
- A new car for me would be nice.
- I really want to get Leah involved in a activity... swim lessons or dance probably.