Leah's baby qualities are quickly fading as the little girl, with a big personality, is appearing.
Just looking at Leah, the long legs and long hair have taken over. The only physical evidence of her babyhood is her diapers and chubby cheeks.
The other day someone again commented on how she looks like a real life cabbage patch kid. I have already proven this theory.
People frequently ask her questions, expecting a response... "What is your name?" "How old are you?" Easy question for someone maybe a little older...When she doesnt respond I have to let people know that "She's only a year and a half." .... but now I guess I can say "Shes almost 2.".... Or "She's not yet 2".
Other Leah facts:
- She is wearing size 2T clothing, but even some 3T. She is currently in size 9 shoes.
- She has finally discovered the TV and LOVES to watch Barney and Elmo. I dont think Brian and I will ever get to watch regular TV ever again.
- She is still going to sleep at 9 pm and its exhausting for Brian and I... We have been trying to get it back to 8 but its a real struggle.
- She can drink out of a regular cup like a big girl! ... but it still makes me nervous. Its also a struggle with her to keep the lid on her cups.
- She fights us to get dressed in the morning or put on PJs, yet she seems to have a new obsession with her clothes where she likes to fold them and try to put them on herself. She still hasnt completely realized that shirts go over your head and not on your legs. As for pants, she can get her legs in the holes, but cant pull them all the way up.
- She fights us to get in the bathtub... but once she is in she is in it, it lasts for atleast 30-45 minutes. She thinks its a pool and just swims around.
- Getting in the carseat is another struggle as she wants to do all the buckling herself. Its OK if we are not in a hurry bc I can sit and work with her until she gets everything buckled, but in the mornings when we are in a hurry, its a fight.
So have you noticed how many times I said things are a fight or struggle? She is definitely testing her boundaries with us. Many of these things lead to tantrums.... which I am just getting used to at the moment... I know I have plenty of them ahead of me with this strong willed little girl!