Saturday, April 14, 2012

32 weeks

Whoa tired eyes... but its exactly how I feel lately. 

I havent done one of these yet this pregnancy... atleast I dont think. My brain is a little shot lately.

How far along?. 32 weeks 1 day 
Maternity clothes? Oh yes, and quickly running out of things that fit. I've turned to wearing alot of dresses, but then all of a sudden its gotten cooler again so I am trying to fit into any pants that fit. 
Weight Gain? I am not sure since I have no idea where I started. Although I had only gained 10 lbs at 20 weeks compared to my 18 lbs last time, Im not sure I am still doing so great. I feel huge... I do weight myself at home now just to make sure I am gaining the 1-2 lbs per week.  I am super anxious to start weight watchers once I have this baby and get to a point where I dont want to cry each time I put on a swimsuit to take Leah to the pool this summer. 
Stretch Marks? way too many from last pregnancy... I dont think its possible to get anymore. 
Sleep? My sleep is actually not so horrible. I guess I am just so exhausted in general that I never have those moments where I just lay in bed thinking like I always did with Leah.  When I do lay down, get comfortable with my 4 pillows, I feel like I am getting into that super deep zombie sleep. My problem is that I am just not getting enough! I would love to sleep an extra 2 hrs each day... 
Sickness? I think its the mixture of exhaustion, braxton hicks contractions, and a child that is moving around so freaking much that I have been getting alot of episodes of nausea and just needing to lay down.  Last night was miserable and thank goodness Brian came home around 6 and was able to entertain Leah all night while I layed in bed and took an extra long hot bath (my absolute favorite thing this pregnancy. It always makes my aching body feel so much better!)
Movement? lately this child moves like a wild child with ADD.  It seriously is out of control, all four corners of my torso for like an hr at a time. 
What I miss? Oh what dont I miss?  Sleeping on my stomach, beer, wine, being able to breathe, get up, tie my shoes and put pants on with ease... holding Leah and dancing around the kitchen like we used too... 
Food cravings?  currently: mini chocolate covered donuts, blue cheese anything, salads with blue cheese and walnuts, ice cubes (supposedly this could be a bad thing?)
IFood aversions? I cant really pinpoint anything.... but last night I was super excited to make angel hair pasta with broccolli and shrimp, went to the store for it all, started cooking it all and then started getting sick from the smells. I ended up eating just a little itty bitty bit.  I dont think I could handle the garlic smell... 
What I’m looking forward to: Brian being done with tax season, going car shopping, and finally meeting this little girl!
Milestones? ummmm... Im at the point in pregnancy where I am constantly asked "when are you due?!" "Any day now?"  It shouldnt surprise me since I was this big with Leah but I think I am a little more offended this time around.  Someone even asked if I was having twins at work the other day... a woman, who I know has kids of her own... why is it always the woman who should know better that make the comments?!
Things I wish people knew: From the comment above.... please dont say anything about a women's size during pregnancy unless it is something you would want to hear yourself when you were/are pregnant. 
Worries: I have made so many comments to people about how I am having a schedule c-section and how I think its the easiest and best way to go.  I had such a great experience with Leah that I hope I have it again... but part of me thinks that I am totally jinxing myself!  Watch me go into a horrible labor early with miserable contractions or something... 
1st child:  Leah is doing great.  She understands pretty well that I can no longer carry her and pick her up.  She often talks about her baby sister, announcing it to strangers "I get a baby sister!", excited to have her sister sit in the backseat next to her, talks about changing her diapers, giving her bottles, and holding her... She likes to put her hands on my belly (or sometimes my chest, she thinks the baby is there as well) and even held her toy phone up to my belly for Emily to have a turn to talk on it this morning.

2 comments:

  1. Graham totally thought my breasts were the baby too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My scheduled c-section went exactly as planned. It'll be fine. It was so weird it all going as planned, but it totally did.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...