Monday, April 15, 2013

Body After Baby

The goal of running a half marathon is over and behind me.

Although I did not reach my time I wanted, I still think it was a success.

And I am already signed up for half marathon #2!

Mo Cowbell, Oct 6th...

Under 2 hours...

I am coming for you!

...

I am a VERY goal driven person.

I pretty much am a professional exam taker right now in my career...

If I do not have something in mind that I want to accomplish, I can be awfully lazy.

So my next goal to keep my working out and eating better...

Lowering my body fat %.

Lets rewind to last Thursday.

I feel like this day needs to be documented...

This was me at work...


Does not seem to special to me...

Maybe all items of clothing that are slightly too big...

3 people thru out the day came up to me and told me I looked like I had lots more weight.

Yet the scale that morning was up 2 lbs.

(Right now I go back and forth between the same 5 lbs...)

I had a meeting set up with the trainer at my office to measure my starting body fat % and discuss where to go...

I was kind of terrified!

Last time this was done, I was only about 20 lbs heavier, and although I cannot remember the exact number, I want to say it was in the upper 30%s and terrifying to see/hear!

Yes, I know I am smaller, and a slightly stronger, but I was SCARED of this number.

Turns out...

23.3%

Boom!

The trainer says he recommends 20-25% for my age.

Pleasant surprise!

But I still want a goal to work towards.

So we are aiming for me getting to 20%.

Tuesday we are meeting up again to discuss the time frame to measure next and when a realistic time frame is for me to reach the goal.

Honestly....

This will be hard for me.

I can easily go run...

Do any cardio...

But making myself lift weights.

Do ab exercises...

That are SOOOO painful....

I stop...

I give myself a break.

I have a much harder time pushing myself.

He is writing me up a plan right now...

I have started doing some tabata timer work outs...

... 20 seconds hard, 10 second break... for 4 minutes.

I am sore.

We'll see how it goes...

...

Then Thursday evening when I came home...

My new Athleta swim suit top arrived.

(Yes, I rarely wear matching swim pieces... its much better this way)

I had to try it on right away...


Did I mention its a small!?

Sure, its probably a "big" small...

But me, and "small" have rarely been in the same sentence.

It was a crazy/motivating/want to keep going kind of day!

Because this place I am at right now...

Is a really really good place.

Seriously... Loft Shorts... the most amazing pair of shorts ever created! 


I know to build more muscle, a very important part is eating alot better...

Today I made 4 foil packet meals...

Turkey Sausage, carrots, broccolli, sweet potatoes...

a little olive oil spray, seasoning, fold it all up and in the oven for 45 minutes...


And here's to reaching some more goals... 

4 comments:

  1. That is awesome... said as I am eating a snickers and drinking a diet coke! I need you to kick my butt in gear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great!!!
    My gym at work just released the summer group workout schedule - bootcamp was back on! I love it - it's so hard, but the trainer is right there to keep me on track. And it's a ton of exercises I wouldn't do on my own. So sore after - a good feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look awesome!! I am the same way, I need a goal to keep me focused!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might not be losing pounds, but you are definitely losing inches. Seriously, Kim. You look GOOODDDDDDDD.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...