Brian and I took the afternoon off yesterday to close on our new loan and to check out some daycares.
We visited 3 very different places which all have their pros and cons.
This could be one of the hardest decisions ever!
We want to be able to give our child the very best that we can... but where do we draw the line?
Below is a breakdown...
Early Childhood Prep School (Middle Priced)
· Strongly promotes learning and development at every age.
· Good location
· Discount for multiple children
· Will keep children with a fever as long as a doctor says they are not contagious.
· Allows 1 week of vacation after attending for a year.
· Will open around Christmas depending on the demand from parents
· Waiting list until April 2010
· Does not have real cribs for infants, just pack-n-plays
· Whole place seemed cluttered
· Have to bring infant supplies each day
Little Learners Academy (Lowest Price)
· Lowest price
· Available in late January 2010
· Real/individual cribs for infants
· Cleaner environment
· Will hold infant items, and do not have to bring in daily.
· Not the best location.
· Child is out for 24 hrs every time they have a fever, even if it is for teething.
· “Teachers” may not be as qualified as the other daycares.
· Did not seem to promote learning and development as much.
The Goddard School (Most Expensive)
· VERY strong educational program
· Infants have their own cribs.
· All infant “teachers” have atleast 5 years experience and associates in some sort of children
studies and all “teachers” 2 and up have atleast a bachelors degree.
· Could guarantee us a spot when our little one turns 2.
· They have a PTO! Ha!
· The price
· Waiting list until Aug 2010 for under 2 years old.
· A set price each month, whether your child is there or not.
· Closed on multiple days for holidays and “teacher” development.
We definitely LOVE the Goddard school... but the earliest we can get is not until our baby is 10 months old!
We need to figure out something fast too... we dont want the start dates to get pushed back even further!!