Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Financial Mathematics = Hard!

My test is 5 weeks away....
Part of me is terrified.... completely scared of failing AGAIN! ....
Part of me is feeling OK.... and even slightly confident.
Its definitely HARD trying to study with a baby... work has been busy, so I dont have my usual hours of study time at work, and I am usually so tired by the time Leah goes to bed that I am ready for bed too.... and remember Leah's napping strike? I could maybe get a problem or two done during her mini naps....
I dont have the number of study hours that I would like.... but having taken the test already and already being familiar with the material I feel a little better. I cant imagine trying to learn new material while trying to learn how to be a working mom at the same time! Im glad I took the exam in Nov... even if I was 38 weeks pregnant and thinking about what I had to get at Babies R Us the whole time....
Things are clicking.... topics that I previously has skipped over and thought "Oh there will probably just be 1 question on this... screw it... I can ace everything else." I am completely understanding, which is awesome bc there were more like 50% of the question on these topics rather just 1 or 2!
But there are SOOO many things to remember... SOOO many formulas..... SOOO many rules! I already have mama brain and have a hard time remembering to bring my lunch to work with me!
I found out that the pass rate for the exam that I took in Nov was only 39%.... that was the lowest pass rate of all the actuary exams given in the fall by almost 10%!
Now do I take this information as "its ok that I didnt pass.... neither did 61% of the people that took it" .... or do I take it as "EEKS! Why on earth am I trying again!?"
Brian is going to start taking Leah out of the house on Sundays for me to get a few hours of quiet, uninterrupted study time..... lets hope I can pick things up and PASS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...