Friday, April 2, 2010

oh the future

Brian and I had a finance talk.....

Brian is great about mentioning a timeline of our financial goals whenever we have these talks....

Here is just a highlight of our conversation....

Brian: "I think we can move to Fenton in 2014. That is one year before Leah starts kindergarten. "
Kim: nods...
Brian: "When do you want to move?"
Kim: "Now!!"
Brian: "Do you really want to move now, into a 250,000 dollar house?" (This in Fenton is about equal to what we have now...)
Kim: ... "we will be rich later"....
Brian: "Yeah but Leah will have to move into the basement at age 6! "


Conversation #2...

Brian: "I think we should get you a van next year"....
Kim: a look of saddness.....

I understand that it will be logical for me to get a van as my next car.... this car will be used for 8-10 years hopefully and by then we hope to have 3 kids so obviously we will need more than the usual and we dont think we can afford a big SUV that fits that many... BUT.... I will be 26! ... WITH A MINI VAN! Does anyone else see why I had the sad face?

I know I am a grown up... a mom.... a wife.... but I am still young! ..... for some reason, that mini van at 26 just signals "good bye youth..... hello midlife!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...