Wednesday, April 22, 2009

:(











Last night, our almost 2 year old kitten, Baxter, had another seizure. He didn't survive this one though..... Brian and I are completely devastated.



Baxter was the most amazing cat! Neither of us could go to sleep last night because Baxter wasn't there with us in bed. We completely miss all of the little things he did.... He wont be waking us up at 4 am by playing with the lamp shades. I won't have to get out of bed and walk towards the door to lock him out so that we can sleep for the next few hours rather than play with him. He won't be sitting at the door as soon as I wake up waiting for me to 1. pet him, 2. feed him, and 3. pet him some more. Brian wont be playing with him in the bed before getting in the shower, and he wont be barging in on my showers anymore. He hated being locked out of anywhere. As soon as you closed a door on him he was trying to open in to get in. As we get ready in the morning for work, Baxter wont be sitting at the end of the hallway where he can keep an eye on me as well as Brian as the same time. We wont have to fight to keep him from going outside when we leave the house. Bax won't be waiting at the door for us when we come home from work. I will really miss the cuddle time we always had while we waited for Brian to come home. As soon as Brian walked in the door he knew it was play time. There won't be any more fighting him off of my dinner when I make fish, or playing with him in the evenings, or him sitting on my lap while watching tv. We truely miss all of the little things he did. He really made us happy and feel more like a family.

We took him to the vet this morning. It was one of the hardest things. It was hard to give him over to them and to never see him again. Brian and I went to get coffee afterwards. We sat outside the coffee shop and talked about how great he was. Maybe eventually we will get another pet... I do not look forward to going thru this again, but he definitely made our life a little more exciting.







Baxter was my first real pet and I am still completely shocked about how much I loved him. I really feel like I just lost a little piece of me. He was my baby.




You won't be forgotten Baxter! We love you!

3 comments:

  1. all of our love Kim. we are so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would break into sobs if I weren't sitting at work. This really hits home to me because my Caspian is so similar to your Baxter in age, looks, and it sounds like personality. I am so terribly sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...