Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Leah will be arriving...

Whenever her heart desires!

I figured I would put an update up really fast about my appointment yesterday... I have actually been busy at work and at night I never make it up very late at all!

The ultrasound went great... Leah is estimated to be 7.5 lbs. She is big, but not too big. She is currently in the 90th percentile. Brian asked how they determine the weight and the tech said it is based off of the head measurements, leg length, and something with the measurement of the abdomen. After we left Brian said "Maybe Leah just has a Kozlen head and really isn't that heavy" (an average baby at this "age" is 6-6.5 lbs) Brian might be right... Kozlen's do have way larger heads than the Gilmore family! ha!

We only got a few pictures of Leah from the ultrasound...at this point she is so squished in there that it is hard to get different angles of her... her face was pretty much pushed against the side of me and she again would not let us get any reassurance that she is in fact a girl.

We saw the doctor afterwards... who reassured that Leah's size just means she is healthy and labor should be fine for me... but if it for some reason labor does not progress for me then they will be quicker to decide to switch to a C-section.

Otherwise... I am 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced.... anyday now....

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...