Sunday, June 10, 2012

11:44... The Birth

My 2nd scheduled c-section was scheduled for 9:30 am, with an arrival time of 7:30am to get prepped.

Of course that morning I woke up at 3 am because really who can sleep when your mind is constantly going "OMG I am having a baby in the morning!!!!"

I had the instructions of nothing to eat 8 hours prior and nothing to drink until 4 hours prior to surgery.

Of course waking up at 3 am I thought "Atleast I can drink!" and drink I did.... which included a iced mocha at 5:30am... 4 hours prior.

We arrived at the hospital right on time and everything seemed to be going smoothly until the anesthesiology came in.

Dr: When was the last time you ate?
Me: 6:30 last night
Dr: What did you eat?
Me: Chicken Ravioli and bread
Dr: When was the last time you drank anything?
Me: 5:30
Dr: What did you drink?
Me: Coffee
Dr: What kind?
Me: Iced....
Dr: With what in it?
Me:... cream....
Dr: ..... that's a big no-no! ... we will have to push this back 2 hours just incase we have to put you fully under and it curdles...

And I burst into tears as soon as he left the room.......

2 more hours to wait!? Our family was all about to arrive at the hospital... and my stupid drink is making us all wait...

I was so frustrated and sad.

My OBGYN came in to check on me and all she said was "You aren't supposed to tell them that!!! You are supposed to keep it a secret!"  She made me feel much less upset. 

The wait was not completely miserable and actually went semi fast... by 1030 everyone returned to the room and I quickly became VERY numb! ... to a point where even my hands had that  sleepy, tinglie feeling...

And it was time to go...

I was constantly nausea thru this surgery... and so sleepy! I seriously had to fight to keep myself awake the whole time.  All I kept thinking was "I CANNOT FALL ASLEEP DURING THE BIRTH OF MY CHILD!!"  The darn coffee didnt even help!!!

Supposedly Emily was not quite ready to come out because all of a sudden my Dr. said "No come back here!"... and a few seconds later, before she was even fully out she was screaming mad!

Immediately we were in love with our little 8 lb 6 oz peanut... 20.5 inches long.  Completely beautiful!

The 2 hour wait now seems like nothing... and even made her birthday a little more special to a number lover like myself... Born at 11:44am on 6/6!  A perfect birthday for a perfect girl!










Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...