Saturday, January 30, 2010

Chicken and Sweet Potatoes

Tonight I tried my first weight watchers dinner for Brian and I! 6 points total and very filling!!

I usually dont try too many recipes that I havent received from someone else because I dont always know if something will turn out to be good or not.... but this meal turned out pretty good!

I have to admit.... I think I am addicted to sweet potatoes as well! My mouth is watering as I think about them!!

Chicken Breast with Honey-Balsamic Glaze - 4 points for 4 oz of chicken

1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp olive oil
1 lb uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast (makes 4 servings)
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp honey

1. combine first 2 ingredients, sprinkle over chicken
2. heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add chicken. cook 7-8 minutes on each side or until done.
3. transfer chicken to a platter, keep warm. Reduce heat to Medium-low, add vinegar and honey to pan (let the pan cool a bit first!) Simmer 1 minute or until glaze thickens, pour glaze over chicken.

Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges - 2 points for 1/2 a large potato

2 large sweet potatoes, washed and patted dry
1 tsp olive
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp dried rosemary, crushed

1.Preheat oven to 425
2. Cut each potatoe into 8 lengthwise wedges and place on a nonstick baking sheet. Drizzle with oil (I brushed them with a BBQ brush) sprinkle with salt and rosemary. Roast for 15 minutes, turn and roast until tender, about 15-20 more minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...