Saturday, August 11, 2012

The End

Today is my official last day of maternity leave...

Although I actually do not return to work until Wednesday.

My awesome company allows a New Parent's Transition week where the first week back I only have to work 20 hrs, but get paid for 40.

I am sad that this time is over...

I will miss the cuddles with my sweet baby girl.

Hanging out with my big girl on our Mommy & Leah days.

The free time to do laundry, clean the house, cook dinner, exercise, shop, and anything else my heart desires...

But I think I have had enough.

I am anxious to get back.

I honestly LOVE my job.

I miss the people.

I miss feeling important and productive.

I miss spreadsheets.

I miss Excel.

I miss data.

I miss the  "schedule".

I miss studying and progressing on my actuarial designations.

I admit I am slightly terrified of starting my new life as a working/actuarial student, wife and mom of 2.

There will be alot on my plate and I am sure I will have moment of feeling completely overwhelmed...

But I am excited to figure it all out.

I am anxious to figure out the mornings...

Learn my new position on KY cost of care.

Figure out the best times to work out...

Continue to make healthy family dinners.

Treasure the moments with my family of 4 at night and on the weekends.

Begin our new normal.


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the transition. It'll just take a couple weeks to get back into the swing of things.

    We do a dream feed with Gwen. It seems to work great. She'll take a four ounce bottle, and I think it extends her nights.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...