Monday, November 8, 2010

Changes

This year, one of my new year’s resolutions was to begin working as an Actuary.    Well I can finally cross it off the list!

 

Last Thursday I was offered a new job, at a fantastic company, as an Actuary Analyst!!!

 

We are ecstatic!!    This is huge for my career, our future, and our family!  

 

I gave my 2 week notice today, and everyone is sincerely excited for me as they know this is something I have been shooting for.  I will definitely  miss my coworkers and boss, but luckily I get to take one of them with me!   Jania, a fellow Actuarial student, also got a job!   We put in our 2 weeks together, we will leave together, and start on the same day, in the same position!   It is great knowing that I will have a friend and familiar face on this big change!

 

Amazingness of the new job:

·         Very casual dress code… jeans and Tennis shoes are very acceptable!

·         Flexible work schedules… possible 4, 4.5 and 5 day work weeks…

·         Flexible work times… come in between 6 & 9 am and leave between 3 & 6 pm.

·         Possible work from home.

·         Paid study time!

·         LOTS of study assistance… materials, going to seminars… no reason not to pass!

·         And when someone asks me what I do, I can finally say “I am an Actuary!!”

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...