This year, one of my new year’s resolutions was to begin working as an Actuary. Well I can finally cross it off the list!
Last Thursday I was offered a new job, at a fantastic company, as an Actuary Analyst!!!
We are ecstatic!! This is huge for my career, our future, and our family!
I gave my 2 week notice today, and everyone is sincerely excited for me as they know this is something I have been shooting for. I will definitely miss my coworkers and boss, but luckily I get to take one of them with me! Jania, a fellow Actuarial student, also got a job! We put in our 2 weeks together, we will leave together, and start on the same day, in the same position! It is great knowing that I will have a friend and familiar face on this big change!
Amazingness of the new job:
· Very casual dress code… jeans and Tennis shoes are very acceptable!
· Flexible work schedules… possible 4, 4.5 and 5 day work weeks…
· Flexible work times… come in between 6 & 9 am and leave between 3 & 6 pm.
· Possible work from home.
· Paid study time!
· LOTS of study assistance… materials, going to seminars… no reason not to pass!
· And when someone asks me what I do, I can finally say “I am an Actuary!!”