Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My New Favorite Shoes

I am linking up with Mel & Laura to talk about running shoes.

button

I just bought my first official running shoes so of course I want to talk about them.

I also have really strange shaped feet so maybe my "review" will help someone else in the market for new shoes.

So I apologize for the gross foot picture but...


See how my toes do not touch? (And how I also have the worlds smallest toe nails?) 

Yeah, that would be because my feet are really broad at the balls of my feet, but narrow elsewhere. 

Sometimes I have issues getting a good fit on shoes because of it. 

Most shoes just feel tight across the middle of my foot. 

I usually have to stretch shoes out before they feel comfortable. 

Wide width shoes do not really work either because then my foot is sliding around in the back. 

I was fitted for my running shoes just recently by Fleet Feet. 

I do not have any injuries or pain when I run. 

I do not have flat feet or super high arches. 

They said I have very good & normal wear to my older pair of shoes which means I walk/run how I am supposed too. 

No crazy side of foot or tip toe walking here. 

Besides my broad feet, I am pretty normal. 

Except only 1 pair of shoes in the store actually fit me! 

They would be the fabulous Mizuno Wave Riders 16

They have a wider "toe box" so they work for me! 

And I think they are pretty. 


No crazy colors here... which I like. 




They kind of remind me of volleyball shoes... 



At $115, I think its a pretty fair price as well. 

Since I have been fitted once now, I doubt I will again in the future. 

Unless I start having some problems or want shoes specifically for strengthening my feet or something. 

I am hoping that in 6 months when these gals are ready to be retired I can catch a deal on another pair at Sports Authority or something. 

And I saved the best part for last... 

Before these shoes I was averaging 9:45 - 10 minute miles... 

Today I averaged 8:55!! 



I have been speedy fast since I bought these shoes. 

I guess the lighter weight. 

Maybe the tread?

I don't know exactly what it is... 

But they definitely make running feel great! 

6 comments:

  1. Hi, here from the linkup. I hope my new shoes make me that much faster! Of course, it would only put me at like a 11:30 average, you are at super star speed, I'm amazed. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY... I am so excited for you and your new fastey fasterson pace. I hope some new kicks throw my booty into gear too. Thanks for linking up Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up, Kim! I have similar issue with the shape of my foot...and I may have to try those Mizuno's out now! Great job on your average time, too....Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love those shoes...and I'm dying to buy a Garmin watch too. Come on tax refund! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here from the link up and Oh my word! LOVE those Mizuno's. The color and everything. Just Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower! Thanks die visiting my blog!
    www.walkinginmemphisinhighheels.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...