Friday, January 4, 2013

Crazy Leah


Yesterday's conversation...

Leah came to the top of the steps as she just woke up for the morning.

Leah: I heard something in my room that scared me! I think it was a storm cloud!

I head to the top of the stairs to hug her and pick her up.

Leah: mommy I smell something!

Me: you do? What do you smell?

Leah: I smell your eyeballs!

...

Everyday she also asks if there will be "more Christmas"...

...

We had her friend Logan over for 2 hours last weekend.

Leah threw a tantrum because Logan beat her to the top of the stairs.

Seriously!?

Everything is a competitive race with this child right now...

...

She came up to me one morning and said...

"Last night I drew my hand print on your wall. Sorry mom."

Someone was feeling guilty...

I have yet to wash it off...

(The house is a disaster....we have yet to recover from the holidays)

Someone on Facebook mentioned putting a frame around it and keeping it forever.

I love the idea!

But I don't want to encourage more drawings on the wall....

Where she drew is in the playroom...

And I have thought about doing chalk board paint on this wall anyways...

Maybe it's a sign.

...

We were all sitting at the table eating dinner happily when Leah turns to Emily and says...

"Baby's stupid!"

I was shocked!

I kind of yelled at Leah and told her that was mean and we do not say that.

I asked her to tell Emily she was sorry.

Leah refused.

She started bawling, ran upstairs, and continued to cry.

Punishing herself!

I know Leah does not understand what stupid means.

I'm sure she heard it at school and thought it was another word...

She was upset that she did something wrong and didn't mean too.

It broke my heart...

Parenting is hard!


2 comments:

  1. I hate it when they punish themselves. It breaks my heart. My munchkin always chooses much worse punishments for herself that I was planning on dishing out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great lady! And I am sure your eyeballs smell lovely. LOL love this age!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...