Monday, January 28, 2013

Body After Baby: Half Marathon Training Week 2

Day 1 - 4 Miles

Uh, yep... that didnt happen.

I spent all day shopping...

walking around...

That should count for something right!?

Bad Kim.

Day 2 - 4 Miles

If you read my post yesterday, you would know that Tuesday was pretty much a disaster.

I only ran 3.5 miles on the treadmill at work.

I was running late getting the girls and I just was trying to fit something in.

I atleast ran them really fast... I think it was 30:30 or something that I did it in...

Day 3 - 5 Miles

Finally back on track!

Done and it felt good.

Day 4 - Rest

No running but boot camp happened.

It was a "kickboxing/self defense" themed class.

Lots of punching and kicking.

I did not feel like I worked very hard, but the next day...

I was SORE!

Day 5 - 4 miles

Finally a run outside again!



Day 6 - 4 miles

January's organized race with Mel.

(She did a great write up on the race if you want to click on over to her site!)



The weather was PERFECT.

Sunny and chilly.

And it felt SO good to run fast!

 I amazed myself with that time!!

It was in Forest Park too which is HILLY!

I was 6th in my age group out of like 29 ladies I believe.

And 165 out of 492 runners.

Not too shabby.

From the looks of people, everyone at this race seemed like pretty experienced, dedicated runners.




Oh and my watch told me this....

Fastest 5k = 25:31!

Can I please re-race my brother now!?

Cant wait to run a 5k again so I can see what I can do!

Day 7 - 8 miles

And I did nothing....

We went out the night before and I had 1 beer in preparation of getting up early and running...

And then we woke up to freezing rain!

I follow some of the running stores on facebook and they were all posting about how they were canceling their group runs and wanting people to stay home and rest because of the weather.

It warmed up later in the afternoon and was still drizzling. 

I thought about getting in maybe 4 miles, but then ate some chips and dip instead and decided to keep my butt on the couch.

Spoiler alert...

I did the 8 miles this morning and am already starting off to a FABULOUS week!


6 comments:

  1. OMG my Sunday was EXACTLY the same. Woke up to rain - thought about pushing out 4 on the treadmill and I ended up eating donuts. HAHAHAHA - OFF DAY! Tonight it is going to be a sixer and some strength training. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. you go girl!

    I def count my shopping walk as exercise!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job lady!!!! fabulous work! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanna know when you and your brother will be racing again! You would totally beat him! :)
    Your 4 mile pace is amazing! Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such an awesome pace!! Congratulations! When are you doing the half?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did PF Changs RNR 1/2 on the 20th. 1st one in 5 years. Week #1 3 days of tread mill for 45 minutes at 10 min mile pace - weekend run 9 miles at 9:15 pace. Week #2 three days of level 3 Jillian Michael ifit fitness, 18 mile bike ride on Friday -- today 11 mile run @ 8:59 pace.

    Go get em girl.. Keep it going !! See you at the finish line

    KOZ

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...