Thursday, October 28, 2010

Things I learned this past year

As we are approaching the 1 yr mark I have been thinking about all of the life lessons I have learned...

  • I am not the important one, but SHE is.   Your life revolves around her... her naps, her eating schedule, her bedtime...
  • My life seemed to have no purpose until she came along.   She is the reason why we work, we strive to be better, we dream for more.
  • Time is precious.   Time with her, time to myself, time with my husband, time to get things done.  Even when I previously thought that I wasted my time laying on the couch or just crawling into bed to watch some TV, it is appreciated now, and amazing when I get the chance!
  • Sleep is overrated. Caffiene is necessary.
  • Once you become a parent you will always have 800 things on your mind.
  • If you get up in the middle of the night with the baby, try to keep your mind shut off... otherwise you will be up for hours, as I currently am writing this at 3:55 am and have been up for an hour and a half already!
  • There really is no point to pick up anything anymore... the house may look nice during naptime, but as soon as she is up, everything goes right back to how it was before.
  • I used to never understand how people could have such a horrible memory.  I used to be able to rememeber EVERYTHING.... that talent has been slipping, but only for the fact that I have way too much to try to remember!
  • I now understand fully when people say that children will never love their parents as much as parents love their children.   I understand my parents love for me, and I LOVE Leah, and know she will never know how much that is until she has children of her own.
  • I seriously feel  sorry for those who choose to never have childen of their own... they truely are the most AMAZING things ever and they are severly missing out!
  • I figured out what never ending love truly means and how indescribable it really is.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...