Wednesday, March 24, 2010

not quite a success....

I was weak... and I gave in....
She did great for about 6 hours! ... but at midnight (yes she went to bed at 6... her shots just put her to sleep! I cant help it!), she woke up for a bottle and bc her arms were out loose... she wanted to grab on to everything and anything possible...eating her blanket, smiling away at me... and thought it was play time!!
I was way too tired to play this game of trying to get her to go back to sleep so in the swaddle she went (loose). She knows the swaddle means its bed time, so within 2 minutes, she was back in her bed fast asleep... until 345...when she woke up with her arms out again....
I hope I can be strong sometime and get through this!
And I have to admit.... last night.... I sat Leah on the couch, propped up by the pillows to play with her babydoll (which she loves now) while I walked into the kitchen... and "boom" Leah not only fell off the couch, she flipped! She had to of flipped off of it because how she was laying when she fell was impossible unless she did crazy acrobatics mid air! Of course she let me have it... she screamed and screamed.... and I learned my lesson... we are one step closer to mobility and she can only be left unattended in her crib, swing, or bouncer.....
I feel horrible about her falling off the couch.. but I know its like a "mom right of passage"... and it happens to everyone... Right!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...