Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A day in the life

12:30am - get up with Leah and rock her back to sleep. (She seriously has a thing for midnight right now!)
5:38am - our alarm goes off and Brian hits snooze...I just lay in bed until it goes off again
5:47am - alarm goes off again and I drag myself out of the cozy bed and head to the family room to fully wake up...
6:00am - shower, get dressed, blow dry hair, put on make up, straighten hair
6:45am - Get Leah up, give her a bottle while I get her dressed for the day
7:00am - Make bottles for daycare and get anything else she needs. Sometimes I make my lunch...
7:05am - Brian leaves for work, takes Leah every other day to school.
7:10-7:20am - I head out, every other day I take her to school.
7:55am - arrive at work after fighting the horrible St. Louis traffic and my 21 mile commute.
8:00am - work begins with a walk down to the cafeteria for coffee first
10:00am - break time = study time
12:00pm - lunch time = study time... when I am good otherwise its lunch dates or target runs.
3:00pm - break time = study time
5:00pm - time to leave!! Whoohoo!
5:40pm - arrive at daycare to pick up my baby! This is one of the highlights of my day!! Its awesome to see how excited she is to see you!!
5:55pm - get home, sit down for a minute to "relax"
6:00pm - start dinner
6:20pm - start feeding Leah dinner... although she is eating normal food, I still feed her some babyfood just because I know that for sure is getting into her stomach... I am not always sure how much real food she actually eats! Most ends up on her or the floor!
6:30pm - Brian, Leah, and I sit down to eat dinner as a family. I am proud to say we ALWAYS eat dinner together! I really hope this continues on for life!
6:45pm - Usually Leah goes straight to the bath because she gets her food in her hair! Brian makes her bath while I throw the dishes in the dishwasher/sink
7:00pm - Take Leah out of the bath and fight her to put on a diaper and PJs. She would happily be naked!
7:15pm - Give Leah her night time bottle. She usually drinks it while playing for the next 45 minutes. This is our true family time that I enjoy... Last night Leah was getting a kick out of trying to "tickle" her daddy! I would do it to him, and then Leah would try!
8:00pm - Leah goes down for bed... sometimes all we have to do is lay her down and she takes care of the rest, other nights its a fight!
8:20pm - I get on the computer, catch up on blogs, play on facebook, have an ice cream... just relax finally!
8:45pm - I clean up the kitchen a little more... do whatever little chores that are necessary for the next day.
9:00pm - In bed!
9:30pm - passed out!

And the next day we do it all over again! Life is exhausting...
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I need another margarita after reading your day!!
    I too value the sit down as a family dinner. We never did that growing up. I love being able to connect with my hubby and Chunky...while he's tethered into his high chair...LOL!
    PS. There is ALWAYS time for ice cream!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...