Monday, August 9, 2010

Project Distract Kim from Studying No. 1

Brian's boss, who has been on my bad side.... kept Brian too long and he missed my final doctors appointment, at 40 weeks and 2 days pregnant where I had to decide if I wanted to be induced for have a schedule c-section, and makes him go out of town way too many times for my liking... earned some brownie points by giving us a set of little girl bedroom furniture for FREE!

The set came with a twin bed, desk, dresser, and bookshelf all in a light brown natural wood.... It has lots of frilly extras on it, and some painted flowers.... although I can be a total girly girl at times, I like our furniture to be a little more clean and modern looking. So... because it was FREE and if I mess it up "Oh well!" I have taken on the project of refinishing it!

In my head I plan to remove frilliness, paint over flowers, and add new hardware to the drawers....

I began with the bed....

See... nice... but a bit outdated....

I started by sanding it down... as I thought anytime you wanted to paint wood and it to stick you HAD to sand..... then covered it with spray paint (I totally love spray paint!)
PROBLEM ... you can see some of my spray paint lines.... and from the sanding, its a little rough feeling now....
A fellow mommy blog that I love, always seems to be doing something amazing to her house and furniture so it totally gave me confidence that "Hey I can do this!" ... but I hit a bump... I asked her about it and she said she does NOT sand before spray painting! GRRR!
So HELP! How do I fix it!?!?




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...