Saturday, August 7, 2010

Rough night!

So Leah does not have an ear infection, as of Thursday atleast, but she does have something... something is making her have a high fever...

Dr. Mayer said alot of kids are coming in with fevers lately that later turn into something else... she did have some bumps in her throat so maybe her throat is bothering her too... if the fever is not gone by Monday, we need to go back...

We kept her home Friday (Yeah, 280 dollars for 3.5 days! Ouch!) She went to Brian's parents in the morning while Brian got some house work done (he already had the day off) and then she spent the afternoon with her daddy. She seemed completely fine during the day...she was happy and fever seemed to be gone....

Until she woke up at 945 just crying her eyes out.... I picked her up and she was burning up! 102.4 fever! I filled her up on tyelnol and got her back to sleep...

It was a VERY LONG NIGHT! ... She was back up at 11, 12, 2-330, 5, 7, and then finally up at 915 where she seemed almost back to normal agian... Most of the night was spent just holding her and rocking her. High fevers = cuddle time for Leah.

She is doing better today... she loved getting to just sleep and play in only her diaper... fever is controlled with tyelnol, but she still is not eating great.

Brian and I had planned to have a free evening... my parents were going to keep leah over night, but after last night, I dont want to put my parents thru the same sort of night that I just had, and as a mom I want to be the one to take care of her... so Brian and I will just be going to dinner... and hopefully coming home to a nice, feeling well, sleeping baby!

Oh and lets add that I spotted 2 new bottom teeth on their way in this morning! I am sure this is just adding to her crabby mood! .... and yes, teething can cause fevers, but the doctor said it should not cause over 100 degree fevers on multiple days...
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...