Monday, August 23, 2010

virus-smirus

After being continually on Tyelnol and Mortin since Saturday, Leah still woke up this morning with a 101.9 fever!

I called Brian's parents to make sure it was ok to bring her over, and then I went in her room to rock her...

She just snuggled up to me so sweetly and looked at me like "mommy, just hold me OK." and I just knew I wouldnt be able to leave her. We rocked and then cuddled in bed together for the next 3 hours. Leah would wake up for about 10 minutes, try to play a bit, but just end up cuddling next to me and falling back to sleep. You could just tell she was miserable.

We had a doctors appointment for 11:30. Her fever there was still 101.5, but again nothing else seemed to be wrong. She does have a red little throat with white blisters in the back, but the strep test came back negative. They are going to coulture it to see if it will develop into strep, but if not... she probably just has a bad virus.

I hate hearing the word virus.... it means that she just has to be miserable and wait for it to go away!

When my throat hurts I love to eat ice cream.. so we stopped at Wendys on the way home and shared a frosty. I think it might have done its job because afterwards she actually played for almost an hour.

Hopefully the rest of the evening goes smoothly and tomorrow we will be back to normal! I hate hate hate hate having a sick baby girl!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...